Welcome to Mt. Gleason Middle School!My name is Ms. Sullivan and I teach 7th grade Math and 7th grade Health/Life Science in the STEAM Academy. I have a B.A. in Anthropology and a Masters of Education, both from UCLA. Go Bruins! I have been teaching with LAUSD for 13 years. If you are, you are about to begin exploring how math and science play a role in your own personal lives. To accomplish this task, we will learn how to problem solve, think critically, study and organize. Most importantly, we will all be active and full participants.
In 7th grade Math the units that will be taught are:
Your 7th grade Health/Life Science classes will be broken up into two semesters. During the fall semester you will learn how the decisions you make on a daily basis affect your overall health (physical, mental/emotional, and social). Some of the topics that will be covered during the fall semester are:
- Rates and Proportional Relationships: Ratios, Proportional Reasoning, and Percents
- The Number System: Integers and Rational Numbers
- Expressions and Equations: Expressions, Equations, and Inequalities
- Geometry: Geometric Figures and Measuring Figures
- Statistics and Probability: Probability and Statistics
During the spring semester, we will study Life Science. Some of the topics that will be studied are:
- Introduction to Health (Mental/Emotional, Physical, and Social),
- Personal and Community Health,
- Nutrition and Physical Activity,
- Injury Prevention and Safety,
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drugs, and
- Growth, Development, and Sexual Health.
- The Study of Living Things,
- Cells (plant and animal),
- Heredity and Genetics,
- Classification of Living Things, and
You must log in to send a message to Ms. Sullivan.
Note: No discussion topics posted yet.